H2R Business Solutions is excited to partner with Jackie Lauer Consulting.
Jackie Lauer will be driving H2R’s leadership development and coaching practice to further serve the needs of our amazing H2R clients. We get many requests for training and now we can do that!
The Neuroscience of Trust
– Conversational Intelligence® for Leaders
Build Trust. One Conversation at a Time.
Every word, phrase, interaction, or even silence can have a profound ripple effect – for good, better, or worse.
Communications efficacy is critical for leaders, trusted advisors, and talent across the spectrum. Most people are well meaning and want to do great work and get along. But when the stakes and pressures escalate, we often default to interaction styles that can be counter‐productive.
Conversational Intelligence® (C‐IQ) Teaches Us To Do Better
Conversations are more than words and exchanges of information. Each conversation has the potential to trigger a reaction – emotionally and in our neurochemistry – that can either shut down or open up our levels of trust; our ability to listen and hear; and our ability to connect. Conversations have the potential to build (or break) relationships, promote (or obstruct) understanding, foster (or impede) trust. Some of the derailers are invisible. Conversational Intelligence® makes the invisible more visible and brings to light new ways to relate with others and ourselves.
Myth Alert! It doesn’t matter if you are a natural conversationalist or quieter by nature. Nor is Conversational Intelligence strictly about what phrase(s) to say or quick tips. It goes much deeper and teaches skills and a way of being (with ourselves and others) at a more authentic level.
What you will learn:
- Learn about the 5+ most critical (and common) communications blind spots;
- Learn about the neuroscience of good/bad conversations (trust/distrust)
- Develop understanding and more mastery in the three different levels of conversations and know when and how to engage in each;
- Learn to deal with more sensitive and complex (potentially conflict) conversations;
- Gain confidence Learn strategies and rituals to prime yourself and others for more successful dialogues, relationships and outcomes; and more!
Available in classroom format where possible to respect physical distancing but the predominant delivery right now is face to face – live online sessions. (6 – one hour sessions)
*Content adapted from Conversational Intelligence® and the work of Judith E. Glaser. Jackie Lauer had the honour of being mentored by Judith and is trained and certified in Conversational Intelligence® as an Enhanced Skills Practitioner. C‐IQ is a Trademark by Benchmark Communications and the Creating WE® Institute.
The EQ (Emotionally Intelligent) Leader
Every day Leaders at all levels are challenged to produce results through the effective management of processes and the leadership of others. It is critical to recognize that people bring both their minds and their emotions to work and the reality is that emotions drive performance. The research is clear—leaders who have higher levels of emotional intelligence (often referred to as EI or EQ) create positive work environments, generate higher levels of employee engagement, deliver higher performance, manage change better and experience less work-based stress.
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the single most important leadership competency in the contemporary workplace!
This program explores the basic theory and practice of emotional intelligence and quickly moves on to the application of EQ to a wide range of management and leadership issues.
Note: You will receive a “EQ in Action Profile” assessment prior to the workshop. One on one debriefs with a coach can be arranged prior to the workshop.
By the end of this seminar, you will:
- Understand the business case of being an emotionally intelligent leader
- Gain greater self-awareness and others awareness
- Learn the core skills of healthy Emotional Intelligence
- Understand how to manage your emotional reactions
- Deal more effectively with difficult people and situations
- Make smarter decisions
- Bounce back quicker from tough times
- Grow in empathy and the ability to connect with others
- Increase stress tolerance
- Build trust and team cohesiveness
- Improve interpersonal communication
Available in classroom format where possible to respect physical distancing but the predominant delivery right now is face to face – live online sessions. (5 – two hour sessions but can be tailored to your team.)
Building A High Performance Team –
Improve your RQ (Relationship Intelligence)
Productivity is a multi-player game. The teams that get the most done embrace diversity, value perspectives, and aim each member’s strengths in the same direction.
Relationship Intelligence makes this possible by uniting teams with a common language and timely relationship insight. With fine-tuned self-awareness and a greater appreciation of differing communication styles, high RQ teams are free to focus their collective energy towards meaningful goals.
This program leverages the SDI Strength Deployment Inventory. Each member will complete their assessment, have a one on one personal debrief and then the entire team will meet virtually to build their RQ (relationship intelligence) together.
- Learn to navigate the intersection of self-awareness and team effectiveness
- Identify your/others conflict styles and sequence
- Learn how our motives and behaviors change during different situations
- Develop a better understanding of the motive-driven behaviors of others
- Identify your key strengths, the strengths of your team and learn to lean on those to elevate performance
- Learn your overdone strengths and get a better handle on how you and your team are being perceived
Other Training Programs
- Mindful Leadership – How Mindfulness is A Superpower in Your Leadership
- Leading Though Transitions
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Embracing Conflict and Navigating Difficult Conversations
- EQ (Emotional Intelligence) in Action Profile
- SDI Strength Deployment Inventory
- Leadership Styles Inventory
- Group Styles Inventory
- Organizational Culture Inventory