Canada is facing an array of challenges brought on by COVID-19, and many of these challenges impact the workplace. Finding up-to-date information from reliable sources can be found by going to the following sites:
Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada.html
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
Centres for Disease Control & Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov
But what does this mean for employers & employees?
H2R Business Solutions can assist employers, and their employees through these uncertain times by providing a variety of information and support regarding:
1. Government announced special leaves of absence in response to COVID-19
- H2R can consult with you on which special statutory leaves will best suit your employees’ unique circumstances
- We can bring clarity to proposed legislation that provides job protection for employees who are unable to work during the pandemic
- And, help determine if employees are eligible for these leaves
Other Forms of Statutory Leaves:
Legislation to Assist Workers:
2. Employee ROE submissions and EI applications
- H2R can assist your payroll department with the details on ROE codes
- We can answer employee inquiries regarding their EI benefits and applications
3. Government funded, and other assistance programs provided to employers
- H2R can help employers find an assistance program that works for them and take advantage of the 75% wage subsidy provided by the government
- Our consultants can guide you through the assistance program application process
- And, determine if a work-sharing arrangement or the CEBA Loan Program is a viable option for your business
Resources for Canadian Businesses:
Supplementary Unemployment Plan:
4. Offer employees support and strategies for staying healthy and productive
- At a time where employees are being asked to take care of their physical health, it is important they are reminded to also take care of their mental health
- H2R can help employees benefit from their Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) if they are suffering from feelings of isolation
- We can assist in providing employees with strategies on elevating their mood, as well as their productivity while working from home
Mental Health & COVID-19:
Additional COVID-19 Online Resources
World Health Organization:
Centres for Disease Control & Prevention:
REACH OUT TO US!
Jill and her consultants at H2R Business Solutions are here to offer our support as you navigate your employees through the special circumstances resulting from the implications of COVID-19.
Reach out to us today and sign up for updates and Zoom meeting invites.